Re: Can multiple packages built from same source?

Hi,

BR
Lin Gao

On 05/25/2012 06:10 PM, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
Quoting Lin Gao (2012-05-25 10:07:08)
Hi,

      We have a package already built in Fedora called: ironjacamar,
which only produces several core jars used by JBoss AS 7. We also want
to built a ironjacamar standalone environment which can make the
ironjacamar running without JBoss AS 7 environment, but this standalone
environment has different libraries than JBoss AS 7 has. So we plan to
built a overall new package called: ironjacamar-standalone, which
produces the ironjacamar standalone environment, it will use the same
source as the package: ironjacamar uses.  I want to know if it is
approved in Fedora?
Have you contacted ironjacamar maintainer?
I am contacting with him.
I assume ironjacamar produces
only some of the jars required by JBoss AS7, because building additional
jars would need more dependencies. In order to simplify packaging: these
were skipped.
Yes, I am aware of that. I am building the missing dependencies now, there are only 3 dependencies left needed for ironjacamar standalone environment.

I don't know the details, but I believe going for a subpackage approach
would be better. Getting in touch with ironjacamar maintainers is needed
in any case.

Or maybe I misunderstood and you say ironjacamar-standalone is meant to
be used without requiring several jboss packages? Even in that case a
subpackages could be done in a way to have simple dependencies for one
subpackage and main package just having subpackage in Requires.

ironjacamar-standalone uses some *shared* libraries as JBoss AS 7 and some libraries used only by ironjacamar-standalone itself, like: papaki, fungal.

Thank you for the advices !