Re: Moving an existing rpmfusion package into Fedora

On Thu, 2012-05-24 at 10:18 +0200, Brendan Jones wrote:
> To cater for existing RPMFusion users, I can be clear in the changelog /
> update notes that this Fedora package is replacing the one in qtractor
> and they should install qtractor-freeworld if MP3 support is desired.
> Sound OK?

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but if I was implementing it,
I'd follow the following steps:

     1. Push qtractor-freeworld into RPM Fusion and have it obsolete
        qtractor
     2. Finish getting qtractor reviewed in Fedora
     3. A week or two after (1) happens (and *before* qtractor gets
        pushed to testing in Fedora), remove the obsoletes from
        qtractor-freeworld
     4. Build qtractor in Fedora

The advantage of this process is that most RPM Fusion qtractor users get
qtractor-freeworld automatically (and the longer the obsoletes is left
in, the more RPM Fusion users get qtractor-freeworld).

Jonathan