New packaging guidelines for Ruby

Hello list,
could we start with the discussion about the packaging guidelines for
Ruby once again? The discussion is very long and I guess everyone is now
lost in too many details.

I'd like to propose going over the whole guidelines, from a paragraph to
a paragraph, so it is clear what is okay and what is not and why.
>From previous emails it looks like the discussion stalled and arguments
are only repeated over and over.

I believe whole Ruby SIG agreed on the guidelines. Would it help if more
people from SIG participate in this debate? Or would it be more specific
examples helpful?

Ruby is not like Perl or Python. It has its own specific ways. Upstreams
are usually not happy, when distribution change those specifics too
much. Some packages are hard to package into rpm and we need to do some
hacks around, which bring more comfort to packagers.

Please take a break for few days in this discussion and start again.

Regards,
Marcela