Re: New packaging guidelines for Ruby

On 02/28/2012 05:39 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Yes, Ruby SIG is still against it, since there is known just one gem ATM
which needs such treatment. Now I list several pros/cons:

Pros:
* It would allow ruby packages to follow the same steps as other packages.

Cons:
* More overhead for maintainers.
* More confusion for new-commers, since this approach is not know in
Ruby community and there is no best way how to achieve it.

If this notion of building from source is not known in the ruby community, I'd highly recommend everyone (fpc, the ruby sig, etc...) help make them aware of how important that is.

-- rex