Re: Additional sources / bundled?

On 02/10/2012 07:28 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:14:47AM -0600, Jon Ciesla wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Rex Dieter<rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 02/10/2012 11:03 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:

I have a couple of packages that I'm porting from the CCRMA repo. A
couple of them list some additional sources that contain only content
(ie a PDF or audio presets / no binaries). Do I still have to create
separate SPECS for these files?

Not necessarily.  stuff like documentation or customized configurations make
sense to *not* package separately.

Though you want to make a subpackage for docs if they're huge.

If the docs are huge (or even just large ;-) *and* they release on
a slightly different timeframe than the programs, you likely want them in
a wholly separate package.  Otherwise end users end up updating one or the
other needlessly.

(ie: docs and programs packages installed.  Update just the program; end user
ends up having to update both packages since the build created new versions
of both.)

-Toshio