Packaging guidelines with regards to packages that use Clam Antivirus scanner

I'm in the midst of converting legacy sysv init scripts that use /usr/share/clamav/clamd-wrapper to native systemd units and I have noticed some discrepancy in their packaging which indicate a lack of guidelines.

Granted that I'm no clamav expert but from what I can tell the packages that use the clamd-wrapper should all be doing the same thing and the package that does it most right from my point of view is exim-clamd and the worst one being dansguardian ( which seems to be yet another package we ship that is neglected by it's maintainer(s) I come across in the migration process).

If an guideline does exist it would be good if someone could point me to it so I can review it and propose improvements to it if not I recommend that we come up with one and standardize how things are being done before things get more out of hand than they currently are ( we have low number of packages mostly with minor differences between them hence this situation can be dealt with ) and deliver to our user base an working out of the box solution.

Once an guideline has been written it should be a relatively easily for an proven packager to fix the current packages and at the same time ship the native unit file.

JBG