Re: Packaging doubt: RHEL4 -

On 11/08/2011 12:44 AM, Nelson Manuel Marques wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks, I had found meanwhile the information I was looking for in this wiki page[1]. I'll fix this tomorrow morning.
>

> NM
>
> [1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL:Packaging#Perl_Provides_and_Requires_Filtering

The filter mentioned there won't have any effect as the provide you are
trying to remove is generated by rpm's internal dependency generator,
not the perl-specific provides script.

I would suggest you ignore the rpmlint warning; virtually all
arch-specific perl packages in EPEL 4 and 5 produce this warning; later
releases of Fedora (and EPEL-6) include better filtering mechanisms that
can handle this more comfortably but it's not a big deal.

Regarding perl-Data-Dumper, you may be disappointed with the results of
packaging it as the Data::Dumper module is bundled with the main perl
package in a directory right at the start of @INC in RHEL 4 and 5, so
even if you build your own version and install it, you'll end up using
the original (bundled) one unless you fiddle with @INC in any
applications that use it.

Paul.