Re: Mozilla Extension Guidelines

David Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Jon Ciesla <limb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Unless I'm mistaken, it's probably best to follow the current guidelines
>> but keep an ear to the rail for any action on the draft.  It could be
>> problematic to follow something that may or may not ever become official.
>>

> I suppose my problem is that I was unable to find any current
> guidelines relating specifically to Mozilla extensions, so that draft
> was all I had for reference.  The existing extension packages are
> inconsistent, e.g. in requiring applications or which directories they
> own.
>
> If there are currently accepted Mozilla-specific guidelines, they seem
> to elude me.  I would appreciate a URL.
>
> Thanks.
>
> David
> --

I'm not aware of any currently in force.  Given that, I think that as
long as the package complies with the current general guidelines,
anything else is up to you.

If you like the draft, and would like to help refine it or get it
moving, you could work with the author.

-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace