Re: How to install vim syntax files?

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 01:57:37PM +0200, Martin Gieseking wrote:
> Am 28.08.2010 13:12, schrieb Chen Lei:
> > I suggest to split a vim-* subpackage like emacs addons, then this
> > subpackage can depend on vim-common. Also, I think those vim-*
> > subpackage don't need to depend on mainpackage since they work pretty
> > fine without mainpackage.
>
> Yes, that's one of the (cleanest) variants I prefer. However, since most
> packages usually provide only one tiny vim file, there might be
> arguments against splitting them into subpackages, as discussed several
> times before in different contexts. Thus, I was wondering whether

Imho it is very annoying to have to install an extra subpackage only to
get a syntax file. Therefore I am in favor of any solution that will
install the syntax file at the same time the main package is installed,
e.g. by multi-owning the vimfiles dir or changing vim to provide a
vim-filesystem package.

Regards
Till