Re: How to install vim syntax files?

Am 28.08.2010 13:12, schrieb Chen Lei:
> I suggest to split a vim-* subpackage like emacs addons, then this
> subpackage can depend on vim-common. Also, I think those vim-*
> subpackage don't need to depend on mainpackage since they work pretty
> fine without mainpackage.

Yes, that's one of the (cleanest) variants I prefer. However, since most
packages usually provide only one tiny vim file, there might be
arguments against splitting them into subpackages, as discussed several
times before in different contexts. Thus, I was wondering whether
there's some kind of "official" recommendation besides "common sense",
or if it's completely up to the packager (as it seems when regarding the
previously mentioned variants currently in use).

Martin