Re: Sponsorship model

On 06/03/2010 08:44 AM, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
> Hi all,
>      I see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Sponsorship_model
> says that
>
> " The best ways for you to illustrate your understanding of the
> packaging guidelines
> are to submit quality packages and to assist with package reviews."
>
> My question is that is it really mandatory for new contributors to
> assist with pre-reviews of packages in NEW queue? Can we sponsor new
> contributor based on his package submissions only( say he submitted 3
> to 5 packages)?

Technically, yes, you can, but I strongly recommend that you have
him/her review someone else's package before sponsoring that person. It
provides sufficient evidence that they are aware of the Packaging
Guidelines and can identify issues in other packages that they did not
write the spec file for.

~spot