Re: Item for FPC consideration - changelogs

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Warren Togami <wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I often want to make corrections to previous changelog entries.

This is now allowed for in the draft, with the "obvious error" exception.

> I sometimes
> want to remove irrelevant changelog entries, usually only cases like
> "Rebuild for rawhide libfoo-1.2.3" when I have that spec in sync with
> previous Fedora/RHEL releases and that changelog entry is
> irrelevant/incorrect for other distros.

But those are, as you state, "other distros".  Each branch of Fedora
(and arguably RHEL, but I have no influence in internal RHT guidelines
obviously) should have a unique spec file. To do otherwise is to
rewrite history. FESCo recently dealt with exactly this issue, and
took a quite dismal view on it. (though in that case it was a script
that was obliterating changelog entries).