Re: mass-filed --excludedocs bugs

On 08/10/2009 10:20 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Panu Matilainen<pmatilai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:
...but that wouldn't do anything to help things like %_install_langs,
%_netsharedpath, --excludepath etc. And really, the scriptlets are
cluttered enough already without having all of them try to work with
each and every obscure rpm switch and "feature."

Yeah.  Are you in favor of just dropping --excludedocs and related
features, then?  To me, --excludedocs is worth keeping, but the
rest are not.

Personally I'd be happy if a macro were provided and packagers just
had to write
	%install-info mypackage.info
and then there's only one place we have to get it right.

We could probably make a scriptlet for it, the problem is that we have generally avoided making scriptlets like that for common cases because then the Fedora spec files become "Fedora-specific" spec files, much in the same way that OpenSUSE spec files have traditionally not worked anywhere else.

Now, if upstream RPM felt that it was compelling enough to provide such a macro by default, we'd certainly leverage it in Fedora.

~spot