Re: MPI and Fortran drafts

On 26.7.2009 14:38, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
Hello again,

I have updated the MPI draft at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/MPI
to take into account the comments that araised in discussion on the
list.

Looks great, just three minor comments:

1) Shouldn't the suffix for OpenMPI be just "openmpi" instead of "mpi"? It would be consistent with other suffixes (simply the %{name} of the compiler package) and self-explanatory what implementation it is.

2) With the current directory layout (i.e. a FHS-friendly one), the suffixes for binaries and libraries are not necessary anymore, am I right? In that case I think they are even not desirable (what MPI implementation (or no MPI) is used will be controlled by the environment-modules so this would be just annoying when writing e.g. scripts using MPI software etc.)

3) I've modified the draft with a SHOULD: split headers into %{name}-headers. In this case %{name}-%{mpi}-devel needs to require only %{name}-headers (otherwise %{name}-devel will pull in %{name} unnecessarily). In my POV this could be even a MUST (the depedency on the non-MPI build is really not needed). Please review the wiki diff from its history!

Thanks for your effort!
Milos