Re: Re: Suggested ScriptletSnippets (icon cache) changes

On Sunday 22 February 2009, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@xxxxxx> writes:
> > What practical problems would that cause?  The resulting icon cache could
> > contain entries for icons that were removed in step 6
>
> When we do not care about this, why do we have the %postun scriptlet at
> all?

Apples and oranges.  Not caring about a case occurring very rarely on package
updates in legacy related scenarios which is going away as packages are being
updated is not the same thing that forgetting about it altogether for all
updates and erase-only transactions.

Granted, I don't know if dropping the %postun script altogether would cause
any problems in practice.