Re: Packaging rubygem-passenger and "mod_rails"

Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
I don't know rubygem-passenger at all and only tried to write a spec file
for this package very quickly (so I don't know how/if my spec file works),
however I guess my quick draft can be useful:

http://mtasaka.fedorapeople.org/rubygem_specs/rubygem-passenger.spec

! note:
 Currently this spec file makes many rpmlint errors or warnings but
 I just wrote this spec file quickly and didn't try to suppress these
 messages.

! note 2:
 Also please refer to the current discussion about rubygems with C code:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2008-November/msg00000.html https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mtasaka/PackagingDrafts/RubyGem_with_C_code

I guess ruby-devel or so is missing from BuildRequires and perhaps
some more fixes are needed....

Mamoru

Hi Mamoru,

I've picked this up and there were some very useful hints in the spec you linked me. I'm just about to finish this package up for initial review submission along with the required rubygem-rake... Can I add you to the CC: when I submit it and ask you if you can take a sneak peak at the .spec file before anyone else sinks his teeth into the review?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip