Re: Early MinGW packaging guidelines draft

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:44:54AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/MinGW

I'd like to get this discussed at FPC next Tuesday.  If anyone has any
technical points on the draft, can you let me know or edit the page.

Unfortunately I'm double-booked so I can't be at the meeting today.

Also these packages really need more work on them before presenting
them to FPC.

So I'll punt until +2 weeks.

We didn't have enough people for quorum this week. We'll hold a meeting next week (July 22) to see if we can get quorum to pass things.

We did a little talking about cross compiling in general at our meeting. Those who were there thought that having a separate source rpm per-package-per-library makes more sense than subpackages (likely different maintainers, having to maintain two sets of build instructions in the spec, some cross-compilers require more invasive changes, and simply not scaling in a general way when we have multiple cross-compilers.)

I'll note that neither Hans nor Ralf were present (both on the embedded SIG) and their input could definitely change this but the present thinking is that separate packages are the way to go.

-Toshio