Re: Need help packaging proftpd

Jon Ciesla wrote:
I'm trying to get a .spec polished and checked in for the release of
proftpd-1.3.1, but I'm having a few issues with it.

If anyone has the time to offer some assistance, I'd appreciate it.

I'm not an RPM guru...  I've skimmed Maximum RPM a couple of times a
year or two ago.

I just want to get a more recent build of proftpd into the Fedora distro
space, and the way to do that is with a proper .spec file in the source
tree.

Contact me offline if you can provide some comments/guidance.

Phillip, I tried, but I got. . .

<philipp_subx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    (reason: 554 mail.redfish-solutions.com ESMTP not accepting messages)

... while talking to mail.redfish-solutions.com.:
<<< 554 mail.redfish-solutions.com ESMTP not accepting messages
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Odd.   Not sure why.

If it were my spam filters (they are rather aggressive), you would have gotten a different message.

I'll look into it.

I'll post the .x86_64.rpm and the .src.rpm files onto ftp://ftp.redfish-solutions.com/ ... they should be there shortly (within 15 minutes).

Wasn't sure if I should make "run from inetd (xinetd)" be the default or not. Anyone have any strong preferences? Using xinetd doesn't add a lot of overhead, except maybe on a very high volume site... and it does allow the use of tcp-wrappers with no additional configuration (whereas using mod_wrap.so in standalone mode requires a little more work).

-Philip

Thanks,

-Philip