Re: Call rpm during rpmbuild

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
I'm right in thinking that it's bad to call rpm from rpmbuild?

Yes.

but if calling rpm like this is bad, I'm wondering how to fix it. Best way I can see to do this is to store the name-version-release of the compiler in a special file in the ocaml RPM, something like:

  /usr/lib64/ocaml/fedora-ocaml-release

which would contain something like 3.09.0-3 or whatever, then the script can be changed to cat this file.

This is workable, or possibly use pkg-config (as was proposed recently with emacs stuff).

-- Rex