Re: Packaging guidelines for Emacsen add-on packages

Hi,

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
I have placed a draft Guidelines document on the wiki for your
consideration. This document covers the packaging of Emacs and XEmacs
add-on packages, and provides two template spec files with the
intention of lowering the inertial barrier to developing packages for
(X)Emacs. The doc can be found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EmacsenAddOns

Thanks for doing this.  I agree it would be very good to have guidelines
for packaging elisp packages.

My only comment so far FWIW is that I don't like naming the source packages emacs-common-<name> so much. I think it is a bit
confusing with emacs-common (an emacs subpackage) already existing
and it makes the source package names rather long.  (I just noticed
some submitted an emacs-common-<name> package for review...)

For me at least it would make more sense just to name the main package

Jens