Re: Source Url Guidelines

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Tom 'spot' Callaway (tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
As for the whole thing, I'd argue that they should be suggests-guidelines,
not required-guidelines.
Why? Is there any reason why we don't want this information in the
package?

I dunno - it just feels like something that should be 'please do this',
not 'package rejected because you didn't do this.'

If folks want to be able to reliably verify upstream sources, this kind of stuff is pretty much required. I can't think of very many legit cases otherwise.

-- Rex