Re: Java naming scheme

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thursday 18 January 2007 11:02, Fernando Nasser wrote:
Perhaps this never happens because we always have some updates and we
always do a mass rebuild with release bumping for any new Fedora release.

Ans as any fix for a Fedora -N is accompanied by it being applied to the
subsequent Fedoras -(N -1) until current, that has never happened so far.

Anyway, if you guys want the %{_dist} at the end we will add them, I am
just not really sure that this situation will ever happen.

Why wouldn't FC6 users want the latest jpp releases of stuff when rawhide gets them? Are they not suitable for FC6, ever? We shouldn't actively prevent this from happening, especially now that we're opening the doors for more people to participate and take on some of the workload of import/building.

I most certainly don't want to prevent that. I was under the impression that Rawhide would always have a newer VR, which you are saying that needs the dist tag to be ensured.

I've asked the questions about the dist tag in my previous messages. I believe I am not the only one with some questions about it, so the clarifications will be useful for others as well.