Re: Re: LibtoolArchives, v0.3

Axel Thimm wrote:

I think we should fix that upstream, we know the authors are willing
to fix it, but they asked for some use case to demonstrate the
problem.

By upstream here, you mean libtool upstream, I assume.

Yes, basically, they want someone else to fix it for them and write test-cases, which I doubt anyone here has time to do (me anyway). ):

The biggest problem *.la inclusing/exclusion have cost are endless
recurring discussions on working around the current state of affairs
(deleting all, keeping all, deleting some, deleting some more, and
still being surprised when kde or something else will pick up
non-devel *.la functionality etc.).

AFAIK, the only unknown up to this point was kde, which I've found it is fixable (runtime, at least). I'm aware of no other cases where .la files are required for runtime function.

-- Rex