Re: python listed explicitly as exception and added to buildsys-build groups

> Jesse Keating (jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > I think all the current python module packages don't BuildRequire python.  Nor
> > requires either, since that's automatically done by rpm now (provided python
> > is in the buildroot)
>
> Not all of them, and I think it's wrong to think they shouldn't. At
> least the ones I've packaged BR python & python-devel.

There are definitely some. I got bitten by that a while ago when trying
to rebuild an FE package in a RHEL mock root. And I don't see any danger
in formalizing that python is an exception; it's been treated that way
for a long time.

David