Re: Absolute symlinks

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"RD" == Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

RD> That's why rpmlint issues only a warning.  IMO, it doesn't matter
RD> that much one way or the other as long as it still "just works".

What rpmlint chooses as a warning and what it chooses as an error seem
to be arbitrary and not generally useful for predicting how
significant the issues are.  That is why I ask here.

If we're speaking in "general", then consider rpmlint errors to be serious that deserve attention, and rpmlint warnings to be less serious and well, you get the idea.

-- Rex