Re: -devel rpms with pkgconfig files should 'Requires: pkgconfig'

Rex Dieter wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 07:31 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines
it includes:
- MUST: Files used by pkgconfig (.pc files) must be in a -devel package.

I'd suggest amending this to say (something like)
- MUST: Files used by pkgconfig (.pc files) must be in a -devel package, and the -devel package include 'Requires: pkgconfig'

We've got quite a few such packages, and lots of things will break when FE switches to the minimal buildroot that no longer includes pkgconfig.

I'm not so sure I agree with this.  The -devel packages can be used
w/out pkgconfig and many are.

Most -devel packages with .pc files (that I'm aware of) can *not* be used w/out pkgconfig.

Let me rephrase, apps that BR: -devel packages that support pkg-config (most) often (need to) use pkg-config to detect the presense of the -devel package.

-- Rex