Re: Using %{dist} for conditional compilation

On 8/1/05, Matthias Saou
<thias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> In this case, this means that if someone checks for %{fedora}'s value, but
> it isn't defined, the behavior should default to the proper one for FC4
> (since it's the latest ATM). For me, this is a sane default, and I'd like
> to see Extras use it as much as possible too ;-)

I didnt say anything about default behavior.. i just want access to a
package that gives me the canonical buildsystem macro settings for the
release I'm trying to build on regardless of its vintage. So when I'm
doing local building when prepping a package I can have very good
confidence that I am using the the correct build environment without
having to resort to building inside mock for every local build attempt
I make when I'm troubleshooting packaging bugs.

-jef