Re: [Fedora-packaging] packages which add user accounts: is fedora-usermgmt the way?

mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx said:
> I often upgrade by preserving /home and a few key config files but wiping the
> system disk. Much faster than the anaconda upgrade option, with cleaner
> results. But if I do that, and the UIDs used by packages at install time
> change, there will be mis-owned files on the system.

Why is /etc/passwd not included in your "and a few key config files" ?

I'm not saying the current situation is ideal.  I'm saying I'd rather have
anaconda preserve existing system account UIDs and/or use those from the
local LDAP/NIS/whatever, than a centralized fixed UIDs assignation...

					Christian