[Fedora-packaging] RFC: howto to package LaTeX classes

Hi,

Are there any recommendations regarding TeTeX packages?

In particular I have a few doubts/questions regarding:

  * license

    Question:
    Is the "LaTeX Project Public License" an approved license?

    Note:
    The rpmlint emits the following warning regarding the license
    W: tetex-xcolor invalid-license LaTeX Project Public License

  * name conventions for tetex related macros

     - texmf base directory
     - package base directory
     - package documentation base directory (texdoc related)
     - texhash program (or mktexlsr)

     Example:
     %define _texmf      %{_datadir}/texmf
     %define __texhash   %{_bindir}/texhash

     %define texpkg      xcolor
     %define texpkgdir   %{_texmf}/tex/latex/%{texpkg}
     %define texpkgdoc   %{_texmf}/doc/latex/%{texpkg}

* installation scripts (texhash vs mktexlsr)

    Problem:
    the texhash file is owned by different packages

	$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/texhash

        FC1: tetex-2.0.2-8
        FC3: tetex-fonts-2.0.2-21.3

    Solution:
    Use the file as a requirement

    ----------
    Requires(post): %{__texhash}
    Requires(postun): %{__texhash}
    %post
    %{__texhash} %{_texmf} >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

    %postun
    %{__texhash} %{_texmf} >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    ----------

* installation of package documentation in order for it to be found by the texdoc program

    Problem:
    - the texdoc program only searches for documentation
      files under the directory

          /usr/share/texmf/doc/

    - I believe the tetex package documentation should be
      installed in directories like

          /usr/share/texmf/doc/latex/"package_name"

      but /usr/share/texmf/doc is owned by tetex-doc which
      is a rather big package (50MB+) to be a requirement.
      Is it ok for tetex-* packages owning this directory?

I am packaging the latex Beamer presentation class and its two dependencies (xcolor and pgf). I have looked at several tetex-* packages (fedora us/extras) and almost everyone of them seems to be doing different thing. It would be nice to have a specfile template.

Comments/suggestions are welcome,
jpo