Fedora JAM 34: GUVCVIEW audio issue when recording videos

This is a strange problem. I record a video with audio using guvcview and when I play it back there is no audio (video is fine).  However, if I playback a video I created with guvcview under Fedora 33 the audio is fine.

guvcview with every combination of audio codec and audio device (both from my web cam and from my MOTU audio interface.)

gucview audio level bars (overlaid on video display) indicate audio is being received during recording

Playback: VLC and Dolphin.  If I play an older Fedora 33 video vlc shows up in carla correctly, if I then try to play a new Fedora 34 video it disappears.

Log messages: I'm getting lots of these:

GUVCVIEW: error setting spin value

usb 1-2: Failed to query (SET_CUR) UVC control 10 on unit 3: -32 (exp. 2).

qrc:/qml/ApplicationsListPage.qml:126: TypeError: Cannot read property 'application' of null

-Keith