Re: Need a little Help with Recording Playback

Does this happen when you run JACK via qjackctl on the live image before installing?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016, 4:04 PM Onyeibo Oku <twohotis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ken,

Okay, I tried all that

I got the following:
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
23:57:16.195 Startup script...
23:57:16.195 pulseaudio -k
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
23:57:16.687 Startup script terminated successfully.
23:57:16.687 JACK is starting...
23:57:16.687 /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -dhw:PCH -r48000 -p1024 -n2
23:57:16.733 JACK was started with PID=2417.
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
Cannot create shm registry segment (Permission denied)
No access to shm registry
Failed to open server
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
23:57:17.246 JACK was stopped
23:57:18.899 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall
operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the
messages window for more info.
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started

I'm missing something.  I sense it but I don't know what it is

Regards
Onyeibo