Risks of cutting edge software

Yesterday I had to finish some audio and midi tracks before a closing deadline. I was using Audacity and Rosegarden. Both were suddenly broken ... help! I managed to fix both before the end of the day with help from the Open Source community.

Rosegarden started working again after updating ladspa-swh-plugins from fedora-testing.

Audacity started working again after downgrading soundtouch-1.9.2-3 back to soundtouch-1.4.0-13 (using "dnf downgrade soundtouch")

Working with cutting edge Open Source software can be fun, and the community is really helpful. But situations like this are not good for my health :-)

Other people having problem recently with Rosegarden or Audacity might want to try these workarounds.

--

MT