Re: threadirqs kernel parameter with standard kernels...

Hello Brendan

Once again many thanks for your speedy responses.

I am not a programmer, but I assume the kickstart file is used by anaconda for the hard disk installation.

Looking at https://linuxmoz.com/centos-kickstart-guide/ which describes multiple laptop installations of fedora, it would appear that it is possible to pass a bootloader append option like:

bootloader --append="threadirqs rhgb quiet"

What I don't know is whether the /etc/default/grub is modified when the kickstart file is processed.

Also, in the kickstart file a post configuration is run which adds users to specific groups.

Again, what I don't  know is whether /etc/default/useradd is modified when the kickstart file is processed.

Anyway just some ideas...

Cheers, Simon

Simon Lewis
Groß-Gerauer-Straße 84