Re: Liner notes

Join forces with CCRMA *and* start a remix *and* find a revenue model.
;-) You simply can't do audio without *some* non-free RPM Fusion-ish
packages, and that means finding paying customers.

I'm in the same boat with my computational journalism remix, even
though I'm sticking with 100% Fedora-compatible licenses. I find
myself recommending OSGeo-Live for the journos with heavy mapping
needs, and I find myself recommending Whonix or Tails for security
even though most of the components of those distros are already
packaged in Fedora and in my remix. Packaging is both labor-intensive
and capital-intensive, so I just ship scripts to grab stuff off the
web. ;-)

For Jam, I'd keep it up through F21 but focus on re-factoring the
kickstart file into yum groups and getting as many Planet CCRMA
packages as possible into Fedora. I wouldn't do "hard stuff" like
packaging without a revenue model.

BTW, I may have noted this before but I'm really convinced that the
JavaScript WebAudio API and Mozilla's asm.js are where the future of
algorithmic composition / digital synthesis are.

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM, Brendan Jones
<brendan.jones.it@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A friend of mine, awesome music producer
> (https://soundcloud.com/omegachildproductions) had a hardware failure and
> decided to try Linux.
>
> He is very much in the Mac world. Logic is is usual modus operandi. I found
> myself recommending kxstudio. A bit sad really considering we are
> maintaining the Jam spin.
>
> How can we make this better? I would have loved to recommend the jam spin.
> I'm starting to think perhaps I should take this outside of Fedora, or maybe
> join forces with CCRMA, and/or start a remix. I love the ideals of Fedora
> though.
>
> Anyway

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://j.mp/CompJournoStickOverview

My poltergeist can beat up your zeitgeist.