Re: All for Db

On 5 February 2013 06:07, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation Did not receive
> a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
> reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
> timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
> jackd: ../dbus/reserve.c:391: rd_acquire: Assertion `0' failed.
> 07:04:14.950 JACK was stopped successfully.
> 07:04:14.951 JACK has crashed.
> 07:04:16.218 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall
> operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the
> messages window for more info.
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> jack server is not running or cannot be started
> (qjackctl:10162): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the
> D-BUS daemon:
> Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
> did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
> the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
> </output>

Might be addressed by a recent Jack patch:
https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/pull/23
But would have to check with the jack developers to know for sure.
I wonder if dbus is running, does 'dbus-monitor' do anything? (Ctrl-C to exit).
Is this Fedora 18/Jam or an earlier version?

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk