Re: Documentation Was: System configuration

On 12/05/2012 06:59 AM, <<<.F.G.P.>>> wrote:
Hello. I leave this guide to optimize Linux as audio workstation.
Fedora JAM would be nice to include these adjustments.
Greetings.
http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration

Thanks for the heads-up! Some very useful info there. We have packaged realTimeConfigQuickScan which I believe also directs people to this link (and others) to correct real time / performance settings. It should be available in all repos now.

I have also only last week added a few more sections to this page [1] in particular rtirq, realTimeConfigQuickScan, and a section on CPU performance governors. The last is handled somewhat differently than the suggested fix in realTimeConfigQuickScan so I thought it important to document.

We also need a new page to outline the perfect pulseaudio setup especially w.r.t Jack etc.

Please feel free to add more relevant sections, pages, and or any links to resources that you think are useful. To get access to these pages simply join fedora and request membership of the music-creation group. You will even get your own space on fedorapeople.org to drop files, config settings and tracks!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

regards,

Brendan