Re: spin jack setup Re: A quick spin vox-pop

On 30 October 2012 22:05, Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 30 October 2012 21:22, Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My suggestion was made imagining that user that runs jack all the time
>> just after login and do a lot of pro audio work. From my experience
>> this setup works better. To be frank I've never been able to run
>> pulseaudio and jack at the same time in a smooth way, but people say
>> it's possible.
>>

> Yes, it might be necessary (and conveniently JaM could be an acronym
> for Jack Music), and your setup is helpful, might also be useful for
> Jørn's configuration tool. But I'm hoping there's going to be a way to
> get Pulse and Jack into agreement on F18, I know it can be done in F16

I should undermine myself and add that at the moment Jack / Phonon /
Pulse does not work in a VM with my last spin-build. I'm going to try
a straight F18 kde
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/ to see if it's
something unique to the spin or my compose of it (which is done on
mockroot under F16 so could have its own issues).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk