Re: Musicians guide and DSSI, LADSPA, LV2

On 3 September 2012 19:43:28 M. Edward  Borasky wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Christopher Antila
> <crantila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Would these plugin / enhancements be better covered in an "Advanced"
> >> Guide, to keep the current one to cover a lot of the basics ?
> >>
> >> Just a thought..
> >>
> >> David.
> >
> > Plugins are certainly an advanced topic, but there are a number of other advanced
> > topics already addressed. Frankly, if we accumulate enough content for two
> > documents, and we have to publish as many Guides for music software as for
> > virtualization software, that's a good thing.
> >
> > So, Edward (Ed) Borasky, if you write it on the wiki, I'll copy-and-paste into an
> > official Guide, and put your name on the cover. Except I won't, because I'll put
> > "Fedora Project Contributors" or something like that... but you get the point.
>
> OK ... what's the link to the wiki?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki

That's surprisingly hard to find if you don't already have a link, which I never
noticed before. Obviously, nobody should have to search for this, so I think
I'm going to file a bug.

Anyway... I recommend registering for an account, then writing your draft
documentation in your user namespace, like I did for the Musicians' Guide:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Crantila/FSC/Topics

That's also the "Docs Project-approved" way to write initial draft documentation,
no matter what it's about.

Thanks for volunteering. I'm excited we may soon have a significant expansion
of music/audio-related documentation. This would make Fedora a true pioneer
in that department!

Christopher.