Re: Theming for Fedora Jam

On 08/14/2012 12:50 PM, Jørn Lomax wrote:
Now that most of the technicalities and packages of the spin are in
place, we should start looking at theming and usability. I have no
knowledge of KDE and what people like, so this is where we need help.

On the git repository we know have a theme package[1]. Play around with
this and see what you like. To try it out, copy the directory, make
changes to the file run make && make install. Then you can see what your
theme looks like. We also need to know if we should add an extra panel
to KDE, what apps we should have easy access too etc.

We want as much feedback as possible so that we can find out what works
best for most people.

[1]http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/music-creation.git/tree/fedora-jam-kde-theme/src

Furthermore...

If you create a live USB with overlay (change the ISO location):

su -c "livecd-iso-to-disk --format --msdos --reset-mbr --noverify --overlay-size-mb 512 /home/bsjones/Downloads/fedora-jam.x86_64.iso /dev/sdb"

Edit your panels etc etc, then zip up the resulting $HOME/.kde/share/config files and post somewhere where we can all see it. We can then use these to populate /etc/skel and use them as the default KDE config settings in the kickstart.

Brendan