Re: Bugs/Changes/Ideas

There's only one of these I object to and it might just be I'm
misinterpreting...

> If we do our own splash screen, I'm pretty sure we can have our own unique
> icons show up instead of the typical Hard Drive, Sys Pref, Plasma, Web, and
> KDE icons show up. If we do pull our own, what ones should we use? I have a
> few ideas, but I could use input:
>
> Microphone
> Drums
> Bass

These are all cool ideas and might be appropriate for matching apps
(if they don't have them already, or to bring coherence even if they
do). But I think it's really important not to give unintuitive icons
to standard 'computer' functions, things like 'disks' and 'browsers'
users shouldn't have to guess are a loudspeaker and drums.

 To clarify, there are icons that fade onto the screen while you log in. These cannot be clicked on in any way, it just shows the KDE progress of loading your desktop. The icons that fade onto the background image are: a Hard Drive, Wrench and Screwdriver, The Plasma Icon, A Globe, and the KDE icon. After all the icons fade against the login background the image fades to your desktop.

I'm not suggesting we change icons for computers or hard drives or browsers, just the overall look of the login experience.

Sorry I should have been more thorough in my initial explanation. I attached a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about. It doesn't have the plasma icon like the current build, instead it has a desktop icon.