Re: Bugs/Changes/Ideas

On 12 July 2012 04:44, Brian Monroe <briancmonroe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I went ahead and installed the test spin and had a few thoughts. I'm going
> to start off with stuff that's really more presentation, but then hopefully
> move into more important areas (like bugs.) Here are some of my initial
> ideas:

There's only one of these I object to and it might just be I'm
misinterpreting...

> If we do our own splash screen, I'm pretty sure we can have our own unique
> icons show up instead of the typical Hard Drive, Sys Pref, Plasma, Web, and
> KDE icons show up. If we do pull our own, what ones should we use? I have a
> few ideas, but I could use input:
>
> Microphone
> Drums
> Bass

These are all cool ideas and might be appropriate for matching apps
(if they don't have them already, or to bring coherence even if they
do). But I think it's really important not to give unintuitive icons
to standard 'computer' functions, things like 'disks' and 'browsers'
users shouldn't have to guess are a loudspeaker and drums.

> Looking back I'm realizing that a lot of this is fluff, but I really feel
> like it will be good for our end users.

I'd say the rest of the 'fluff' you suggested is a major part of the project :)

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk