Pulseaudio 2.0

Hi all,

pulseaudio is not the one man team it was of the past. Upstream seems to be cracking on at a grand pace. While they are debating the release date of pulseaudio 3.0, one of the Fedora maintainers has been kind enough to put together a pulseaudio 2.0 repo [1] for those of us who shudder to think of using rawhide on a daily basis...

Please let the list know your experiences. What we learn here is of supreme importance wrt. the audio spin.

For the really game, I have also released laditools,ladish,gladish,synthv1,samplev1 and Add64 whilst they wait in the review queue [2]. Be warned that a certain GCC 4.7 abnormality is creating havoc with jackdbus at the moment causing the ladi* tools to die on startup. An updated jack is imminent, but in the meantime you can roll your own with -O0 (rather than -O2 from %optflags)

Brendan

[1] http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/rdieter/pulseaudio-backport/fedora-pulseaudio-backport.repo [2] http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/bsjones/audio-bsjones/fedora-audio-bsjones.repo