/dev/snd/seq access control list & verbose jack

Hi, just starting to test a new install of Fedora 17 (and releasing the Planet CCRMA packages for it as well :-)

I find that out of the box /dev/snd/seq does not get the acl updated to include the user currently logged in. That is happening for the pcm files in /dev/snd. The end result is that Qjackctl complains (as it did in Fedora 11!) that it can't use the ALSA sequencer interface.

Which Fedora component should I file a bug against? (udev?)

I also noticed that jack is starting by default in verbose mode and there seems to be no way to silence its output to the default (--silence has no effect). There is a thread about this (without a resolution) in LAU. Any clues on what might be happening?

-- Fernando