Re: audacity - audio editor - testers requested

On 02/19/2012 08:02 AM, David Timms wrote:
Hi,

Following up on a scratch build from two weeks ago, the audacity project
[1] is now at release candidate 1 for audacity 2.0.0 [2], and is
expecting to release in another 2 weeks.

I've built packages for Fedora devel [3] and RPM Fusion 16 [4].

I would welcome any help you can give in testing either package, as
preparation for release of v2.0.0, and providing packages for Fedora users.

In terms of the testing, while I think a fairly random approach is
useful, think about a task you would like to achieve with audacity, and
follow through with it, to see that it succeeds.

For problems, please create bugs, or reply to this message with a
subject indicating the issue.

Rather than a straight, "works for me", please indicate any
functions/menus you did use, so that others might test different
functionality.

For mp3/ffmpeg file format support, use the version audacity-freeworld
from rpmfusion buildsys instead.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/audacity/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/audacity/downloads/list
[3] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3802444
[4]
<http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/plague-results/fedora-16-rpmfusion_free/audacity-freeworld/2.0.0-0.2.rc1.20120218svn11513.fc16/>

I pulled this from fedora-scm and built locally here a couple of days ago and so far the little use I've given it with jack seems pretty stable.

The functions I used were standard wave editing: splitting stereo tracks, joining mono tracks fade in fade out, applying reverb using ladspa, saving to WAV and FLAC. Also recording from an outside source. So far so good. I'd recommend pushing to testing, you can always pull it if people report problems.