audacity - audio editor - testers requested

Hi,

Following up on a scratch build from two weeks ago, the audacity project [1] is now at release candidate 1 for audacity 2.0.0 [2], and is expecting to release in another 2 weeks.

I've built packages for Fedora devel [3] and RPM Fusion 16 [4].

I would welcome any help you can give in testing either package, as preparation for release of v2.0.0, and providing packages for Fedora users.

In terms of the testing, while I think a fairly random approach is useful, think about a task you would like to achieve with audacity, and follow through with it, to see that it succeeds.

For problems, please create bugs, or reply to this message with a subject indicating the issue.

Rather than a straight, "works for me", please indicate any functions/menus you did use, so that others might test different functionality.

For mp3/ffmpeg file format support, use the version audacity-freeworld from rpmfusion buildsys instead.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/audacity/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/audacity/downloads/list
[3] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3802444
[4] <http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/plague-results/fedora-16-rpmfusion_free/audacity-freeworld/2.0.0-0.2.rc1.20120218svn11513.fc16/>