Re: Default Desktop Environment

Greetings:

There have already been a lot of good comments on this topic, and I
agree with many of them. But I'd like to point out two things:

1.) It doesn't really matter which desktop you choose. Lots of people
have been saying this. Choose what seems most reasonable, and
everybody will "re-choose" anyway---no big deal.

2.) There are a couple of reasons to choose Razor-qt as the default
for this spin. Not many people have been saying this. Some have
mentioned that it's good to have a "lightweight" DE as default...
true. Also, because an often-used tool (QjackCtl) is programmed in Qt,
you'll be reusing libraries already in memory. This may be negligible,
I don't know. But another advantage to using Razor-qt is that we'd be
helping out a relatively new project, getting it into the Fedora
repository, and giving it a prominent place in the distribution. We
have to think about our primary task first, but if we can use this
task to help other projects develop, why not? Open-source is about
helping each other (Friends).

Christopher.