Re: Default Desktop Environment

IMHO we should use a DE that uses as little resources as possible. I think it would be reasonable to try to aim for a <10ms lag for the spin on most systems. And on some of the older ones, that may just not be possible with some of the bulkier desktop enviornments. Obviously we won't be able to help everyone have the apps run like they were in a Pro Audio studio, but we should try, within reason, to free up as much resources as possible to leave room to run samples and effects. But that's just my own 2 cents.

On the flipside, I wonder how hard it would be, to do a multiple desktop disk like the recent Fedora releases have been. Like having a performance mode, and a "shiny" one.