Re: music creation spin - git repo created and commit logs ?

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 4:13 AM, David Timms wrote:
> By the way, when the git repo was requested I set the commit diffs to be
> emailed to musc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This doesn't work at the moment
> because the git user (my @ fedoraproject address) is not a member of the
> music list, and hence the mails get rejected.
>
> 1. Would people be happy to have such git commit logs coming into this
> list ?
> 2. A better plan for keeping people informed of changes ?

Depends on the commit load. If there will be a lot of commits, a
separate mailing list may be needed.

But anyway, why do we need git diffs sent us by email? Those who are
curious can track stuff via the gitweb.

> ps. Orcan: holy-cow: you have a lot of packages; I get stumped trying to
> keep up with about 10 packages. I hope there are some music / computer
> lovers out there who are willing to become co-maintainer of at least
> some of Orcan's packages ;-)

Well, many of those packages have dead or almost dead upstreams and
they require little to no maintenance. Some are retired packages.
pkgdb keeps showing the retired packages in your list. Also I am a
comaintainer, not the primary maintainer, of many of these packages.
Unfortunately, some primary maintainers are no longer active, and I
became the effective maintainer of certain ones.

After discounting all of these, I actively maintain about 30 packages,
which is still a lot, hence I started retiring those that I do not
really use. Sadly, there is still a lot of other stuff that needs to
be packaged, but I don't have time or room to handle them.

Don't hesitate to comaintain and to break things up. That's how I
learned stuff :)

Orcan