Re: Music spin development

On 26/07/10 04:55, Christopher Antila wrote:
> On 07/25/2010 10:44 AM, David Timms wrote:
> I also think that building frequent test versions with the latest
> software is a good idea, so that we can get the most testing done.  The
> only thing is, if it causes a burden for the Fedora infrastructure (no
> idea how this works, myself), then let's not go too crazy.
>
> I'll try the torrent today.
I realized azureus isn't that smart in creating the torrent and it won't
actually work. I've found that I can hosts a 650MB iso directly:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/spin/FedoraMusicCreationLite.F13-x86_64.2010-07-26.c.iso
http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/spin/FedoraMusicCreationLite.F13-x86_64.2010-07-26.c.sha256sum
http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/spin/fedora-livecd-music-creation.ks

The initial spins-sig feedback is: we've done stuff that probably won't
be accepted.
This new build removes a heap of locale data, saving probably 200MB raw,
and 100MB compressed on the image.
This gives us the space to add a few things back in (eg that 'spins'
require), and maybe a few more music packages.

Like to give it a go and see how it works:
note: you do need to add yourself to the jackuser group (at the moment).

David