Re: Re: [Fedora Update] [old_testing] rakarrack-0.2.0-5.fc8 / fc9

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 20:38 +0100, Leszek Matok wrote:
> Dnia 2008-11-09, o godz. 11:03:06 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> <nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):
>
> > On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 14:40 +0100, Leszek Matok wrote:
> > If disconnecting means "unplugging" it from sources/sinks in qjackctl
> > then no jack application should notice (not even as an error or warning
> > - it is _not_ an error). In my Planet CCRMA packaged version nothing
> > happens if I connect or disconnect ports from rakarrack.
>
> I call this "connecting" and "disconnecting" because qjackctl uses
> this convention. Connecting/disconnecting when "FX on" can make rakarrack die
> yelling:
> cannot complete execution of the processing graph (Resource temporarily unavailable)
> zombified - calling shutdown handler
> rakarrack: xcb_lock.c:77: _XGetXCBBuffer: Assertion `((int) ((xcb_req) - (dpy->request)) >= 0)' failed.
> cannot read event response from client [rakarrack] (Connection reset by peer)
> bad status for client event handling (type = 5)
> Abort

That is jack kicking out rakarrack from its graph.

> I've noticed that in such situations, after rakarrack quiets down (which,
> depending on an effect, can take few seconds), there are many jackd errors
> like:
> subgraph starting at qjackctl timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=12, status = 0, state = Running)
> and:
> **** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1226244972609.536 msecs
> (check out the number of msecs, this is BS and there are no xruns when it's
> actualy playing sound)
> Maybe I'm triggering some jackd bugs somehow and they propagate to rakarrack
> which doesn't expect talking to buggy server? :)

Which version of jack are you using? If it is the stock 0.109.x then
this is probably a combined problem of rakarack and jack. 0.109.x is
notoriously unstable, something that is just now fixed (I think) in
current jack svn. I'm using jackmp instead which is more stable.

I can see that rakarrack is using a _LOT_ of cpu horsepower in its
default configuration. How high is the load on your computer when you
turn effects on? It could be that you are running out of cpu also...

-- Fernando